Think you know your presidents? Take this quiz and find out
By Logan Macaluso
As Donald Trump takes office as the 45th president of the United States, let’s test your knowledge of presidential history. For instance, did you know Presidents John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died within an hour of each other on the 50th anniversary of America’s independence?
Test yourself and take the quiz. Answers are at the bottom.
- Who was the shortest and lightest president, standing at 5 ft. 4in. and an estimated 100 lbs.?
- Which president would get up at 5 a.m. to practice the piano for two hours?
- Name the president who was a king before he ascended to the White House.
- Which President got stuck in the White House bathtub?
- Which president notoriously skinny-dipped in the Potomac River?
- Name the first Republican president of the United States.
- This president was the only bachelor in the White House.
- This state has produced the most presidents.
- Which president served the shortest term?
- How many presidents did Indiana produce?
- Name the president that taught his pet parrot how to curse.
- Which president had an artificial jaw?
- Which president was nicknamed “Old Rough and Ready”?
- Which president was reportedly drunk during his inauguration?
- Name the president who received a speeding ticket on a horse.
1: James Madison, 2: Harry Truman, 3: Gerald Ford, 4: William Taft, 5: John Quincy Adams, 6: Abraham Lincoln, 7: James Buchanan, 8: Virginia, 9: William Henry Harrison, 10: Benjamin Harrison, 11: Andrew Jackson, 12: Grover Cleveland, 13: Zachary Taylor, 14: Andrew Johnson, 15: Ulysses S. Grant
Logan Macaluso is a reporter for TheStatehouseFile.com, a news website powered by Franklin College journalism students.