2019 state park passes on sale through DNR

Staff Report

INDIANAPOLIS—Looking for the perfect holiday gift for the outdoors enthusiast in your family? How about a 2019 state park pass?

On sale now through the Indiana Department of Natural Resources are annual entrance permits, horse tags, off-road cycling permits and lake permits for 2019. The passes can be purchased at the DNR Division of State Parks property offices.

Lincoln State Park in Spencer County. Photo provided by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.

The entrance fees at state parks and other facilities cost $7 per car, but visitors who live in Indiana will more than break even by their eighth visit. They are valid from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 of the year the pass was issued.

The types of permits and passes are:

  • $50 Annual Entrance Permit: Admits noncommercial vehicles, driver and passengers to DNR properties that charge a gate fee. More at IN.gov/5062.htm
  • $70 Non-resident Annual Entrance Permit: Admits non-Indiana resident noncommercial vehicles, driver and passengers to DNR properties that charge a gate fee. More at IN.gov/5062.htm
  • $25 Golden Hoosier Passport: For Indiana residents who are at least age 65 years or are a resident eligible for Social Security disability payments; admits noncommercial vehicle, driver and passengers.
  • $20 Annual Horse Tag: Entitles one horse access and the use of DNR properties where horse use is allowed. Vehicle admission is not included.
  • $20 Off-Road Cycling Permit: Required for cyclists wishing to access and use mountain bike trails on state park, reservoir and state forest properties with trail ratings above beginner. It is not required for property roadways and paved biking trails. More about off-road cycling permits atIN.gov/8623.htm
  • Lake Permits ($25 annual motorized; $5 annual non-motorized): Required for all private watercraft using a state park lake, state-managed lake, state forest lake or Division of Outdoor Recreation lake. This includes personal watercraft, motorboats, canoes, paddleboats, rowboats and all watercraft moored at marinas, private docks, group docks or bank ties. More at IN.gov/8521.htm.

Annual entrance and Golden Hoosier permits can also be purchased at any of the seven state park inns. All of the permits are also available online at stores.innsgifts.com/permits.

TheStatehouseFile.com is a news website powered by Franklin College journalism students.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Share This Post